DR TRIVIA QUIZ PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian and New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over who are doctors registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (“AHPRA”) or the Medical Council of New Zealand (“MCNZ”).
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Entries into the promotion open on 15 June 2020 and close at 5:00PM AEST on 15 September 2020 (“Promotional Period”).
- To enter, Australian residents, must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period::
Once the steps above have been completed, the entrant will be served a digital quiz game with five (5) general medical questions. Once the entrant has completed the five (5) questions, they will immediately be notified onscreen if they have won an instant prize. If the entrant has won an instant prize, they will be directed to an online instant prize claim form. For removal of doubt, entrants are eligible to win an instant prize regardless of whether or not they answer any of the five (5) questions correctly.
- Visit https://ochrepromotions.com and follow the prompts to the promotion entry page;
- Input the requested details including first name, last name, contact number, email address, seniority, specialisation, confirmation of AHPRA registration;
- Submit the fully completed entry form.
- There are one thousand five hundred (1500) instant prizes to be won. Instant win prizes are one (1) pair of Happy Socks valued at AU$4. Total instant win prize pool value is AU$6,000.
- For completing the steps in clause 5, entrants will also receive one (1) automatic entry into the draw for the chance to participate in a contingency game for the chance to win AU$50,000.
- To enter, New Zealand Residents must email their first name, last name, telephone number, email address, seniority, specialisation and confirmation of MCNZ registration to email@example.com during the Promotional Period or they play the game.
- For completing the steps in clause 8, entrants will receive one (1) entry into the draw for the chance to participate in a contingency game for the chance to win AU$50,000.
- Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- The draw for all entries will take place at Loyalty, 8/8 Trawalla Avenue, Toorak VIC 3142 on 18 September 2020 at 12:00PM AEST, in the presence of an independent scrutineer (“Game Draw”). The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winner will be notified phone and email within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published at https://ochrepromotions.com from 21 September 2020.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first valid entry drawn will win that entrant (the “Participant”) the opportunity to play a contingency game (the “Game”) for the chance to win AU$50,000. The Game will take place at Ochre Recruitment, Ground Floor, Suite A/140 William Street, Woolloomooloo, NSW, 2011 on 25 September 2020 at 1:00PM AEST.
- In order to participate in the Game, if the drawn Participant resides outsideThe drawn Participant of New South Wales, they will receive the following, valued at up to $AU1,500.00, depending on point of departure:
- One (1) return economy airfares from winner’s nearest capital city (if winner resides in Australia) or from the nearest of Auckland or Wellington (if winner resides in New Zealand) to Sydney;
- Return transfers between airport and accommodation in Sydney;
- One (1) night 4-star rating accommodation; and
- Return transfers between accommodation and the location of the Game on 25 September 2020.
Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature (including but not limited to in-room charges) and all other ancillary costs are not included. If the drawn Participant resides within Sydney, the Participant will be responsible for transport to and from the Game.
- The drawn Participant must respond to the winner notification (and validate their entry) no later than 5:00PM AEST on 23 September 2020 in order to attend the Game. If the Participant cannot attend the Game, the Participant may appoint a proxy over 18 years of age to play the Game on his/her behalf provided the Participant gives the Promoter written, signed notice to that effect before the start of the Game. If the Promoter has not been able to contact the Participant before the start of the Game, a representative of the Promoter will play the Game on the Participant’s behalf.
- There will be two hundred (200) numbered envelopes on display at the start of the Game. One (1) envelope will contain a promotional message representing AU$50,000 (“Major Prize”). The other one hundred and ninety-nine (199) envelopes will each contain a promotional message representing AU$5,000 (“Consolation Prize”). The Participant/proxy/representative (“Attendee”) must choose only one (1) envelope without touching, handling or interfering in any way with any of the other envelopes on display. If the Attendee is found to have breached this condition, he/she will be disqualified. If the Attendee selects the envelope containing the promotional message representing the Major Prize, then, subject to verification by the judges, the drawn Participant will win AU$50,000. If the Attendee selects an envelope containing a promotional message representing a Consolation Prize, then the Major Prize will not be given away and, subject to verification by the judges, the drawn Participant will win AU$5,000.
- The drawn Participant’s odds of winning the Major Prize are 1 in 200. The odds of being drawn as a Participant may be significantly higher than the odds of the drawn Participant winning the Major Prize and will depend upon the number of entries received.
- Cash prize will be awarded in the form of a cheque.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not take a prize (or an element of the prize) at/by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Total prize pool value is up to AU$61,000.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- A draw for the prize won at the Game, if unclaimed, may take place on 18 December 2020 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner, if any, will be notified by phone and email within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published at ochrerecruitment.com/promotions from 21 December 2020. For the removal of doubt, in the event of an unclaimed prize draw, the Game will still take place on 25 September 2020, however a representative of the Promoter will play the Game on the Participant’s behalf, and the drawn unclaimed prize draw winner will win the prize determined as a result of the Game.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, pandemic or any other kind of disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend, substitute or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- Quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured. Any instant win prizes that are part of the advertised total prize pool will be awarded in the unclaimed prize draw.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia or any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer protection laws in New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of/taking of a prize.
- The laws of Australia apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
- The Promoter is Ochre Recruitment Pty Limited (ABN 84 117 529 512) of 140 William Street Woolloomooloo 2011, telephone 02 9357 2448.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/20/43775 ACT Permit No. TP20/00705 SA Permit No. T20/599